Scholarship Award Criteria
Up to $2,000 will be awarded in education scholarships; scholarships will be awarded in increments of $500 up to $ 1,000. The final amount and number of scholarships awarded will be dependent on total reunion-related donations received, as well as the number of applications submitted that meet the minimum criteria.
- College Bound Students/Incoming Freshmen
- Students Currently Enrolled in College
- Academic Performance Requirements
- 2.5 or higher grade point average (G.P.A.)
- Demonstrated Financial Need
- Applicants must provide a description of their personal or family circumstances affecting need for financial assistance as part of the application.
- Responses to two short essay questions
- How has your family background influenced the way you view and experience the world? How do you plan to contribute to and carry on the family legacy?
- What is the importance of your college major/desired major in today’s society? Please describe why you have chosen this path of study, and what you hope to do with your degree once completed?
- Description of extra-curricular activities (community service, student activities, athletics, etc.)
- Documentation Requirements
- Copy of high school/college transcript
- Letter of Acceptance for college-bound/incoming freshman (i.e., not currently enrolled in college) students
- Application Deadline – May 1st, 2019
- Applications will be reviewed and scored by an independent third party
- Three non-familial reviewers, each with experience in the education field, will review and score the applications
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 15th
- Scholarships will be awarded at the 2019 Family Reunion Banquet; recipients must be present at 2019 Family Reunion Banquet to receive scholarships
- Scholarship funds will be released at the beginning of the semester or quarter
- Recipients must provide proof of enrollment (class schedule) for funds to be released
SELECT THE FOLLOWING LINK TO COMPLETE AND SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION NOW: